Where DISC uncovers the nature of a person, Motivational Maps® focuses more on the nurture of a person.
Performance depends on the right direction, the appropriate skills, the right environment and huge amounts of motivation; Nobody goes to work because of their personality! The Motivational Maps® system provides the solution to what is probably the most difficult of these to identify, manage, measure and sustain: motivation.
Motivational Maps® was created by motivation expert and thought leader James Sale, based on the research behind Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, Edgar Schein’s ‘Career Anchors’ and Personality profiling tool The Enneagram. Motivational Maps® is a nascent system to determine exactly what an individual’s core motivators are, of which there are nine possible profiles within three motivational areas.
For some people, financial reward is a core motivator but for others it may be security or autonomy. Motivational Maps® is not a form of psychometric testing or a personality profiling tool but rather an account of a person’s self-perception. Motivational Maps® takes a ground upwards approach to people management by focusing on the individual’s needs to help shape organisational performance, culture and employee experience.
- Identify what a person is motivated by; what a person wants and needs at work to drive high performance.
- Measure to what extent a person’s motivators are currently being met
- Provide practical, targeted reward strategies which, when applied, help to drive up motivation levels.
- Enable a person to set meaningful targets for their future motivation levels, have a realistic action plan and so maximise their motivation and happiness at work.
- Help inform processes such as recruitment, talent and performance management by selecting the best candidate for the role.
- Assign new or develop current job roles according to an employee’s core motivators.
- Reduce stress and enhance wellbeing.
- Improve employee retention.
- Impact and improve sales, engagement and culture.
EASY, ACCURATE, USEFUL
Collecting vital information shouldn’t be a time-consuming chore. Motivational Maps® is easy to use. Starting with a straightforward questionnaire, individuals can complete it in 12-15 minutes. The tool automatically analyses responses and generates clear and easy-to-understand reports, that reveals each person’s key motivators, and their level of motivation. Each report provides actionable advice on how to increase motivation where it matters.
95% of Maps users said their Motivational Map® accurately described their personal motivators, and 97% found the information in their personalised report useful.
To find out more about how using Motivational Maps® can support your people and your business or to request a complimentary Map sample, just reach out and ask!
+(44) 07984 201982